Thursday, December 1, 2011

uh huh ..coldplay..part one

For a long time I'd (wrongly) written Coldplay off & believed all the negative hype. In an Eno-way I termed them as Music to Yawn To. It was quite a way away from the music I usually listen to. The Fall, Muslimgauze,Sunn o))) et al. In the background though I'd found myself picking up snatches of tunes and getting them stuck in my head. One of my friends (somone we all have), my musical mentor, tried to convince me that actually they were alright. If you respect and trust someones opinions usually then their judgement is sound and in this instance it was.I got hold of a copy of Vida and played it over and over again. How good it was! Just say no to musical snobbery! Within a few months of this conversion I managed to see them play one of the best gigs I have ever seen at the Royal Court in Liverpool full to capacity of 500 on a freezing night in December.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment