Sunday, November 13, 2011

excerpt no. 2 - sunday morning

There seemed to be no-one up in the campsite bar a few little kids full of life and parents who looked like the living dead. I ambled down to the toilets for a quick wee. No queues because there was no one around so I had my pick but they were still rank. What a way to wake you up in the morning. Back at the tent it was time to put the stove on and brew up.  Sitting in the chair, sipping the coffee from the metal cup. Dew on the grass under my bare feet. Watching the early morning sun and looking across the site to the hills on the other side. It felt like a perfect Sunday morning-all that was missing was the Sunday paper but I could live without that for once. This felt so good, so relaxed-it was like a holiday feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment