Saturday, November 12, 2011

this is what it's all about..and what it's all going to be...probably.

In June 2010 I went to the Glastonbury festival for the first time. I was 48 years old and didn't really know what to expect. It turned out to be a wholly memorable experience for a lot of different reasons. Afterwards,all that we had was a few photos and our memories of what happened. Maybe, I thought, it would be worth writing it all down. Just a few notes. An aide-memoire for the future.Just a few brief diary entries. I started scribbling not long after we got back and within a few weeks there were reams and reams of stuff. Better to do something with it. Get it off these bits of paper in longhand and type it up.Put it into some sort of order. Glastonbury 2011 came and went and I was still typing.By now it was more than just a diary. As I had spent so long doing it better get it polished up best as I could.Some sort of structure was imposed. Chapters were put in place.Tried to be as clear as possible with recalled conversations.What to do with it when it was all finished? Oh, I could read it on my Kindle.I could self publish on Amazon. So I did. And here it is http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0060YCKGW .The writing bug has hit now so this blog has begun.What's it for? I'll put bits of the book on. Random stuff about music.Just whatever. It'll be a bit loose and unformed for now.But there'll be something every day. Probably.  

No comments:

Post a Comment